Wow, it has been one heck of a couple weeks around here. My head is still spinning trying to process everything.
Thurs. Feb. 25: Jeff had a phone interview with Six Flags in St. Louis. They asked him how soon he could come check out the park and work out the details.
Mon. March 1: we drop the kids off with grandma and hit to road to St. Louis. When we get there we meet the director, get a tour of the park, (it's huge!) he takes us to dinner and start talking details.
Tues March 2: Six Flags provided us a tour guide so we could get to know the area a little. Park president took us to lunch, talked a few more details. Than we went home.
Wed. March 3: Jeff gets the official offer and they want him to start on the 15th. New kitchen floor gets put in.
Thurs/Friday March4/5: we spend boxing up "clutter", extras and de-junking the house.
Sat. March 6: painting begins! kitchen, living room and hallway painted.
Mon-Friday March 8-12: we paint master bath, master bedroom, front door, shutters, all doors in the house, continue to pack and clean, clean, clean!
Sat. March 13: house goes on the market and had a showing the same day.
Sunday March 14: we leave for St. Louis.
Monday March 15: Jeff starts his job. I start looking for houses.
Tues/ Wed: house hunt. Get back home Wed. night.
Like I said, did all this really just happen? My head is spinning and it is finally just hitting me what is going on. And now I'm sad. I know I should be happy about a new place to live and being able to start a new life. But I like my life and I don't want to start a new one. It is going to be VERY hard to leave Louisville. This is were my life has been for the last 9yrs, were Jeff and I met, started our life together, were we bought our first house, were our kids were born and were I call home. I'm so excited for Jeff and this opportunity, I just wish it were here. You don't have to tell me it will all work out because I know it will and it is. You don't have to say it will be ok because I know it will. So now I pray that my heart will be changed and I'll be at peace with the move.
5 comments:
Wow. That is a lot on your plate. Well, Louisville is going to miss you too!! I hope the house hunting went well and that your house sells quickly!!
We are going to miss your cute little family. If you need any "St. Louis" help/advise, three of Rusty's sisters live there as well as his aunt, mom and grandma. Let me know.
I am sad too! But what helps me is we are moving too :( But we love St. Louis and I know you will too. If you need anything let us know!
Congratulations on the new job! Believe me it is hard to leave Louisville...it is an awesome town. We have so many wonderful memories of our 7 years there. Good luck and "bloom where you're planted"!
WOW! Big changes huh?! Sounds crazy but fun! Glad you found me. I've been out og the blogging world for a while, I really just stick to my blog I havent ventured out in a while so I'm glad you found me!
Hang in there in your new place! Good luck selling your house!
Post a Comment