Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam!

Andrew became a Sunbeam this year!
A few weeks before he started in the new class he woke up during the night crying and threw his tears told me he didn't want to be a Sunbeam! Every time we would sing the song or even talk about it he would tell me he didn't want to be a Sunbeam. Than the day finally came....when we pulled into the parking lot at church I said to him "Andrew today you get to be a Sunbeam!" He said "I'm not going to be Andrew any more?" At this point it hit me, he thought he was going to change into something or go some place else and that's why he kept telling me he didn't want to be a Sunbeam! Poor kid. I guess I didn't explain it to him the right way. Once we got to his class and saw all his friends he was good to go and has loved it every week! Tonight as he was going to bed he was singing a song I didn't know and when I asked him what it was he said it was one he learned in primary! I'm glad he's paying attention.

3 comments:

M and M Madsen said...

Awe, I am so proud of Andrew!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

The Sunbeams are so cute!

marlene said...

I can't believe were has the years gone !! miss you all sooooooo much