Monday, July 21, 2008

Allison update


I took Allison to the dr. today, didn't she look cute! No, I didn't take her just b/c she's cute, ( although a good reason), I was worried she is having reflux problems or something. After talking to our great dr. and giving her more detail than she probably wanted she thinks she has reflux also. It's not a blockage or anything more serious than some irritation. She prescribed Zantac for her and she should be feeling better soon. Well, as long as she takes her meds she'll be feeling better. She really doesn't like the taste! Since babies this age have a natural tongue reflex to push everything out, I would give her a little medicine and than stick a pacifier in her mouth hoping that would make her swollow. It has worked in the past but not this time! She was quick to get that stuff out of her mouth!



Even Andrew wanted to take pictures of her cuteness!
What are you doing Andrew?

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Too bad about the reflux but she really does look adorable!

jamie said...

okay she's not adorable at all!! ;) Oh my goodness she makes me excited to have a girl. I love that dress. I have so many friends who never had to deal with reflux with their first one, but their second one had it bad, I guess I better just prepare myself. And I loved your post about firsts. It's so true. Great journaling! thanks for sharing.

The Mortenson Family said...

Both my boys have had pretty severe reflux and Zantac changed my life! They were both colicy from the pain until they got on medicine. Ben took it until he was 3 years old and Zac still needs it occasionally at age 1. My doctor also recommended the use of probiotics as a natural remedy. You can buy just lactobacillus capsules at any health food store or even walmart. Starting when Zac was about 8 weeks old I would empty one capsule into a bottle for him with some formula or into babyfood when he got a little older. I figured it's worth a shot and it's good for them even if it doesn't cure them. I think it helped with Zac though and he's only on the meds now occasionally when he eats pizza sauce or something really acidic. So, good luck. I'd be happy to talk to you about what I've learned about reflux sometime!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we skipped yesterday because my allergies have been horrible the past few days.

We'll definately need to plan something for next week!

Rave

Jen said...

All those pictures of Allison are adorable. She is beautiful. I usually just read people's blogs through google reader, so when I actually came to your site and saw that precious picture of Andrew kissing Allison, my heart melter. What a sweet picture.