Monday, July 21, 2008
Firsts
I thought at this time in my life I would have passed all my "first" moments, but I was wrong. I have had so many "firsts" sense having another baby. For the first time sense I was probably 10 I didn't have polish on my toes for about 2 weeks. One thing that I said I would NEVER let happen happened, I went to the mall w/ no makeup! Scary I know. I also take super fast showers now and let my hair air dry while I do other things than finish the hair later. (sometimes) I pack less in the diaper bag now for 2 kids than I did when Andrew was a baby. Go figure, maybe I learned I didn't need everything under the sun for the "just in case" moments. If I don't have what I need another mom probably does! I walked around Meijer for about an hour and didn't buy a thing! How you may ask......I went just to pick up a prescription and Andrew always goes crazy for the video carts they have. So I paid the $1 to have 10 minutes of peace while I waited at the pharmacy. While he was watching the movie I decided I would window shop and before I knew it there were things in my cart. How did that happen? Well, the longer I walked around looking at different things I have talked myself out of buying anything. Those things were not on my list and I really just wanted to walk around. Also, for the first time I completely understand how you can love all your children the same, there really is enough to go around! I'm sure I'm not done having "firsts" either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you'll like this - speaking of firsts - Rachel has toenail polish on her left big toe.
Post a Comment