Monday, June 2, 2008
It happens in 3's
Everybody always says that things happen in 3's and so true it is. One week before Allison was born Jeff's car broke beyound repair. Well, we could have fixed it but the cost would not be worth the value of the car. So we thought, well I'm going to be off work all summer so we can make do with one car. One week after Allison was born Jeff was in an accident (in our only car) on the Gene Snyder coming home from a work meeting. He was not hurt and the damage didn't look too bad. We called our insurnace, got a rental and were just waiting for it to be fixed. A few days later the claims adjuster calls to say that the van is totaled. What, totaled, how could that be, it wasn't even that bad of damge. We were shocked to say the least. There's a law in KY that says if the damage adds up to 75% or more of the value of the car they have to total it. Well our van was a 2001 and the damage was over $6000. Than we are off the find a new van. We got a nice one at Carmax, 2007 Kia Sodona. We made it through all the car stuff and just waiting for me to go back to work so we can get Jeff a car so I can have my van back. Having one car is hard sometimes but it's what we have to do so it's workable. After church yesterday we were coming in the house and Andrew kept wanting to play w/ everything he could get his hands on. I was trying to get him in the house so I pressed the button to close the garage door, he always comes in when it closes b/c than it's dark. The next thing I know I hear an aweful crunching noise and bolts flying threw the air. The garage door hit the van! Stink!! Our door is totally damaged and we will most likely have to get a new one. (the van is fine) I was so mad at myself for not making sure the van was pulled in all the way and for breaking the door. So we have had our 3, hopefully we can get a break now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! That really stinks (I would use a harsher word, but there could be kids reading). I seriously feel for you. The back of my van is totally scratched up from me not pulling in enough. Also, two days after we got our van, I hit our Honda Accord we were trying to sell. Neither were too badly damaged, but every time I look at that dent on the side of the van, I'm reminded of it.
Oh, I'm so sorry. If you ever need to get out (because Jeff has the van) let me know. We would love to come and get you for a Target or Costco trip or something of the like.
When Marlene told me about your garage door, I was so sorry about it. From what she said, it sounds like you handled it a lot better then I would have done. I am really sorry you are going through all of this! If you need anything, let me know.
Golly gee wilikers....That sucks! At least you have adorable kids, that has to make up for all the mishaps....
I am sorry for the bad stuff, but you know what they say, "you don't learn life's lessons through the easy times" this kind of stuff happens. you will get through it.
Allison is beautiful by the way!!
Loura
Post a Comment