Wednesday, October 10, 2012

20 weeks 5 days

Today was the Big ultrasound!  After a very thorough ultrasound that took over 30 mins. and the dr. looking everything over, I'm happy to announce that the baby is PERFECT!!  The baby is measuring right on schedule, everything has developed well and is proportional.  (Which I was relieved to hear because that rules out any warning sign of down syndrome.  I'm a little older this pregnancy so that thought had entered my mind a few times.)  The heart, brain and whatever else they looked at are just great.

The dr. was very reassuring that the chance of anything happening at this point is very low and he all but guaranteed me a healthy full term baby.  As he was telling me all this I started to cry, happy relieved tears.  I've known this whole pregnancy that I've been apprehensive, but I didn't realize how much until he spoke those magic words. "Everything is perfect".

I have an ultrasound picture,which is kinda blurry, but our scanner is not working so I'll need to wait till Jeff gets home.  So I'll post that later!

4 comments:

PKYoung said...

And the gender is...?

Anonymous said...

could you post the unltrasound with the you know whatsis on it? That way you don't have to say...we can look for ourselves :)

Heather B

Granny said...

YEAH !!!!!!!

marlene said...

oh happy day!