Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Andrew's Birthday

Andrew turned 5 this year!  Although it didn't turn out the way we had planned, it was still pretty good.
The day of his birthday I was actually in the hospital (where I had been all night) having HORRIBLE pain in my right side and I couldn't stop throwing up.  After a few tests they determined it was my gallbladder.  Luckily I didn't have to have surgery that day and was able to go home.
So instead of having a great birthday dinner I had planned, Jeff took the kids to McDonald's.  And we let him open his presents.  The cake would have to wait til tomorrow.

 He got a big box of Rescue Hero's that we found on Craigslist.  They don't make many of those any more so we were lucky to find these.


Andrew wanted brownies instead of cake.  So that's what he got.  I'll admit, I was feeling A LOT of mother guilt over being in the hospital on his birthday and not making it as special for him as I wanted too.  Although he didn't care at all.  He liked having his birthday celebrated over 2 days!



There's my birthday boy, handsome as always!


Newborn


1 year old



2 years old
3 years old

4 years old

1 comment:

Suzy Hicks said...

Happy Birthday Andrew, it didn't seem like he minded that it wasn't celebrated on his actual birth date. Mon, when is your surgery? How scary! I'm glad they found out what it was. Hope you are doing well. I miss you!