Sunday, December 20, 2009
Santa Safari
Last weekend we took the kids to the zoo for a Santa Safari!
On our way in we got to see a real reindeer! I think this was Blitzen.
In a room above the HerpAquarium they had it all decked out for some holiday cheer! Santa's Elf greeted us as we walked in and Frosty the Snowman helped us find our seats. The kids got to make their own ornament....
It was really warm in the room, both kids had rosie cheeks...
The yummy Christmas cookie and hot chocolate we got and Andrew's finished ornament..
I have no idea what this thing is but they put a Santa hat on it so Andrew wanted his picture taken with it...
For the first time neither child cried when we saw Santa! Allison wouldn't sit on his lap but Andrew did so I'll take what I can get!
This is Cosmo the penguin, he is fully grown.
They thought this was pretty cool! Ok, I did too.
After all that we went on the Safari! We had a map we had to follow to get to each station, there were 7 of them. At each station there was an animal for us to see and/or pet and we got a stamp on our map.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How super fun is that?! Andrew looks really old in those pics- starting to look exactly like Daddy. So cute. Have a great Christmas!!
Looks like everybody had a great time. I sure miss the Louisville Zoo. It was awesome. I hope you guys had a great Christmas.
I didn't know you guys did this. I'm glad it was fun...I hadn't heard good things before but maybe we'll try in next year. And you are much better at the bows than I am!
Post a Comment