Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Meet the super readers... Alpha pig with alphabet power! Wonder red with word power! Princess Presto with spelling power! And Super Why! with the power to read! (pbskids.org)This year for Halloween we teamed up with our friends and did the Super Why! theme with our kids and because there are four characters it worked out perfect.

Allison played Princess Presto..and Andrew was the star of the show Super Why! himself..Our ward had a chili supper before Trunk or Treat. Knowing that the kids would not be interested in anything except playing with their friends they ate pbj's before we left. But as you can see there is always room for a pumpkin cookie!Once it was dark we headed outside to run the parking lot. We didn't decorate the van this time, I just never thought about it. Jeff handed out FULL SIZE TWIX BARS while I took the kids around. We got about half way around when it started to pour down rain and Andrew started yelling "I want to go to the van, I want daddy!" Allison was giggling because I guess the rain tickled as it hit her.
Sorry the picture is kinda blurry, but we had to paint his mask on since they are not allowed at church activities and he thought it was actually kinda cool..On Halloween night some friends came over to go Trick or Treating with us. This is one of Andrew's best friends, they bonded over trains! Last year both boys were Thomas.After a while the princess got tired of walking, go thing daddy was there with empty shoulders..after every house Andrew would come running up to me saying "mommy I got more candy!" He was surprised every time. It was cute hearing him say "Trick or Treat" every time someone opened the door.Taking a candy break..We had such a fun time with Halloween this year! I want to give a big THANK YOU to Grandma Barrington for making Allison's costume, it is darling!

6 comments:

PKYoung said...

Allison look huge! Golly and it's only been 3 months since I've seen her, crazy! They are both super cute!

Grandpa T. said...

Andrew is always cute and Allison is absolutely adorable. Thanks for your help Grandma B.

Katy said...

Super cute costumes!! (No pun intended!:) What a cute idea! Looks like it was a very fun Halloween!

Spencer said...

LOVE the Super Why costumes! Jeff must have been in the giving spirit handing out Full size bars?!? We should have come to your trunk or treat!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

So cute! Thanks for letting us come crash your trick or treating! Paul had a blast!

Anonymous said...

the kids are too cute.