Tuesday, June 23, 2009

He's a Really Useful Engine

A couple weeks ago I surprised Andrew with a day out with Thomas the Tank Engine! We dropped Allison off with grandma B. and hit the road for New Haven, KY, which was just over 1 hr away.
When we arrived I think Andrew went into overload! Not only was this at a railway museum so there where trains everywhere but so many Thomas things to see and do, he didn't know where to start! So the first thing we did was browse the tent that had all the things for sale, everything under the sun with Thomas on it. To my surprise the only thing Andrew wanted and kept asking for was a whistle for $3.99.
Than it was almost our turn for a ride on Thomas! We went to the boarding dock and waited not so patiently in line. Once we were ready to board all the sudden Andrew got really scared and didn't want to get on the train. Well, we came all this way and I already paid for the tickets so we were getting on this train! I picked him up and boarded the train.


As you can see once we were seated he was happy and can be! He told me we were on a passenger car.


us on the train...


The train ride was 25 minutes long and because we really weren't moving very fast I let him get up and look out the window. He thought it was pretty cool when the conductor said hi to him!


After our train ride we got to meet Sir Topham Hat, the head of the railroad. He got a little shy once he got close to him but I still managed to get the picture. I wanted so badly to ask him to say (only Thomas fans will know what this means) "you have caused confusion and delay" but this was a none speaking Sir Topham Hat.

There also had a steam engine that you could get into so of course we had to check that out.

Don't' worry, I didn't make him stand in front of a moving train..This engine was fulling functioning and still used coal for power..

Time to refuel with a hot dog and an ice cold Capri Sun. It was so hot!

This Thomas is built completely out of Lego's. It was actually pretty cool. Andrew couldn't get enough of it and we visited this several times during the day!

"All aboard!"


We finished out the day with some free putt-putt. He made sure his club and ball were the same color, this was his first time so that was important.
He did pretty good with it for being his first time! I will say though there were only a few times that he picked up the ball and placed it in the hole.
It was such a fun day and he is still talking about it! He keeps telling me he wants to go back to the Thomas museum and he wants to see the pictures all the time! We missed daddy because he had to work so maybe next year he can join us.

3 comments:

Grandpa T. said...

These pictures are adorable. I'm so glad Andrew was able to go there. Thanks Monica for being such a great mom.

Katy said...

Oh, so much fun!! Skyler was obsessed with all things Thomas and I always wanted to take him to a Day Out With Thomas, but we never managed too! He's pretty much grown out of it now, but I am excited that Jackson is starting to love that "Choo-choo"! I think it's the best thing for little boys to love!

Kristen said...

So, so cute. Okay, so with all you got to do it looks totally worth the money. As I write this I am listening to the "They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight..." drifting in from the living room. We'll have to catch him next year. (Oh, and I'd drag my kid on the train, too.) ;)