Saturday, March 14, 2009

Six Flags, things to look forward to and other random thoughts

SIX FLAGS: Jeff started his job there on Feb. 23 and LOVES it! He is the Food Service Supervisor for Hurricane Bay. He also will be teaching classes, training, hiring, meeting with vendors and lot's of other things that I don't really know anything about. He is really enjoying this job, it really does seem so perfect for him! One thing that I really like......the hours, he's not gone 24/7 and he actually gets 2 whole days off every week!

I have cut back 1 day at work and hoping over the next month or two I can cut back another to be at 3 days a week. My job is going well, I love the people I work with and that makes a huge difference! The kids go the grandma Barrington's twice a week and my really great friend, Jo, keeps them the other two days. Andrew and Allison get well taken care of while I'm away!

I have so much to look forward to over the next few weeks! I'm helping to give a baby shower for a good friend, she's having her 3rd child but 1st boy so we are all very excited for her! The week after that my favorite cousin and her hubby are coming down for the night, I can't wait to see you!!!! Than the same day she leaves I pack the car and head to IL to see my family for a few days. My niece is getting baptised while I'm there so that will be really special to see my brother baptize one of his kids! Than, a few days after I get home from IL Marlene is flying in to spend almost 4 weeks with me! I can't wait to see her, it has been way too long! We have some major catching up to do on scrap booking and diet coke drinking!

On the home front: I've been cleaning out closets, getting rid of things and getting better organized! It's been great to de-junk. I realized that we are going to be in this house for quite a while, which is fine because I love this place, but it's been a while sense a good clean out has happened and we were starting to bust at the seems! So, lucky for us there is a city wide yard sale coming up in May so we are hoping other's will find out junk to be of worth to them! I just have one more closet to clean out and organize and it will be done. Is is weird that I get such a high off of getting rid of things and having clean closets that nobody see's but me?

6 comments:

M and M Madsen said...

yeah for you guys!! i am so happy things are going well.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I'm excited for Jeff's new job... that is very exciting.
I worked full time for 5 years when Jeff was in school and Kari was a baby... we had lots of help taking care of her too.. don't stress... it's hard but kari is 13 now and no worse for wear:-)
come by and get the trampoline anytime you like, even if we are not home...

marlene said...

i LOVE THIS POST AND LOVE THE PART ABOUT ME YOU ARE GETTING A tRAMPOLINE i HOPE i CAN jUMP

Richard and Carlie said...

I'm totally the same way about cleaning and organizing places that nobody even sees! It feels so great! Why is that??

Kristen said...

It is so liberating to get rid of stuff, cause then you don't have to stare at it and feel guilty anymore for not cleaning it up. I am so, so excited that Jeff finally has a job he enjoys. He so totally deserves that. Congratulations.

Karen Hail said...

Go Jeff! That is great!!!