This year we did something a little different, we celebrated Christmas a day early. So Christmas Eve night was actually the 23rd. We did this because we would be gone all day on Christmas and than leaving early in the morning the day after Christmas to travel to IL and we wanted Andrew to have time to play with what Santa was going to bring him. So Christmas Eve the kids got to wear their new jammies.......

Andrew got to open 1 present before bed........

Allison played with the bow......

and we put cookies and milk out for Santa and carrots for his reindeer...

notice how there are small bite's out of the cookie....

apparently Andrew was not too worried about eating Santa's cookie......

this is what Santa brought him....


this is what Santa left for Allison....

the stockings were hung by the chimney with care.....

I'm adding this next story just for journal purposes, I don't want to forget it. That night Andrew had a really hard time going to sleep and not because he was so excited to see what Santa brought him. He was scared of Santa! We had talked it up so much and he didn't totally understand what was going to happen that I think we scared him. I can understand too, this strange, funny looking old man coming to your house while you sleep! Pretty sure I would be calling the cops! Anyway after a few hours of trying to calm him down we finally told him we would call Santa and tell him not to come. That did the trick, he's was asleep in no time! Poor kid, hopefully next year will be better!
1 comment:
That is so cute he was scared. You can really understand why they would be though. Those jammies were so darling on both Andrew and Alison. What a fun Christmas for you all.
Post a Comment