Monday, October 6, 2008

Coupons!

I know I'm totally going to get made fun of for taking pic's of my grocery's and putting them on the blog, but I did it to show the non-believers the pay off. I've had so many people tell me it's not worth the time of clipping coupons or the money to buy the Sunday paper. I beg to differ! This is our shopping for the next 2-3 weeks and food storage. $134 worth of grocery's, $74 spent!
I know it's hard to see everything in the pic's and I won't give a full run down but, there's 4 boxes of cereal, 2 boxed of oatmeal, 12 boxes of mac & cheese, soup, green beans, canned fruit, 15 boxes of pasta noodles, shampoo, condition,3 bags frozen veggies, 20 seasoning packets, 2 bags lettuce, 2 muffin mix, capri sun, 2 packages hot dogs, 2 bags cookie mix, 2 bottles marinade, cheese, toilet paper and so on..........
It takes me about 1hr a week to clip coupons and go through the adds, time I feel is well spent!
Mom, did I make you proud? :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Monica - You make me proud! Actually you make me motivated!! I get the Sunday paper. I would love it if you wanted to share with me your weekly grocery list (seriously). I've got the paper. I'll start cutting the coupons, I just need the wisdom, and the knowledge to get it done! Way to go!! BTW, you new layout is adorable

Noelle said...

We just recently started getting the Sunday paper, and the first paper was the only one that I could find any decent coupons in. Maybe I'm just blind! Anyway, congratulations. I personally like blog posts about groceries.

Shannon said...

Way to go! We're going to start calling you "The Thrifty Diva."

Kristen said...

My sisters-in-law got me into this, and I am amazed at how much you can save!! But I haven't ever done that good--you are amazing!!

The Mortenson Family said...

Okay, so can I just pay you to go grocery shopping for me????? Please? =) Jen