Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Just another day
My day started at 12am trying to get Allison to settle down and go to sleep. At 12:10 I put her in her bed and got into my bed at quickly as possible. 12:12 she starts to cry, 12:13 I get up to calm her and back to bed. This time she is fast asleep which means I'm not far behind! The next time I hear her cry it's 6:45 am! Yea, she slept all night! This makes me happy right from the start so I don't mind at all getting up w/ her! After she eats she is awake til about 8:30 than time for a nap. Andrew is still asleep so I jump in the shower excited that I not only just get a shower but that it's before 3pm! At 11am I'm sitting in my favorite chair feeding Allison after I had done 2 loads of laundry, taken out trash from every room in the house, changed 2 poopy diapers, loaded the dishwasher, fixed breakfast, changed the diaper pale (yuck), and no morning would be complete w/out watching Thomas the Tank Engine, and I think to myself, "I LOVE MY LIFE!" I truely have been so blessed. I always dreamed some day I would get married and have kids and it's really happened. I'm really living my dream! How great is that!? I watch Andrew play w/ his trains as he pushes them on the floor saying "toot toot" the whole time and he makes me smile. He's such a sweet boy and he loves his mommy! I love his innocense and his complete trust in me. I look at Allison and just have to love on her! She's so cuddley and small and she depends on me for absolutly everything. When she was born I cried and felt very connected to her right away. She's a very special little girl. For as much complaining as I do, I really have nothing real to complain about. As much as I don't like Jeff's job, I'm grateful he has one. As much as I would rather not work, I'm grateful it's only part time and the kids are w/ Jeff's mom who gives them as much love as I would. (and spoils them way more than I do!) As frusterating as it is to never have enough money to do what I want to, I'm grateful we have our needs met. I really do love my life, it's just what I've always wanted. I don't take it for granted b/c I know it could change in a heartbeat so I thank Heavenly Father everyday so he knows that I know how blessed I really am. All these thoughts while I'm sitting there looking at my beautiful children than I'm snapped out of it by a knock at the door. It's the bug guy, I'm grateful for him too, he keeps the spiders out! Than my day goes on pretty normal, lunch time, find blankie and monkey for nap time, change more diapers, think about what to fix for dinner, watch Dr. Phil and Ellen and fold laundry. Jeff comes home w/ my diet Dr. Pepper and all is right in the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment