Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Should I be worried?

Tonight after it got dark I was doing my usual rounds of closing curtians and such. When I close the curtians to the sliding glass doors to the deck I always turn the backyard light on just to check things out. (It's a women thing right?) When I turned on the light this time to my suprise I actually saw something in the yard that was not there before and it was moving. Than I realized it was a skunk! I grew up in the country so it's not like I had never seen one before, but the only one's I've ever seen in the city were roadkill. I didn't really freak me out, but I did have to make Jeff come and look at it too. I watched it for a few minutes as it wondered around the yard, thinking "where do city skunks live?". Than much to my dismay it walked over to the shed and crawled right under it. Is that where city skunks live? How do I know if that's it's home and how the heck to I get rid of it?

4 comments:

The Mortenson Family said...

My dog got sprayed by one last summer!! It was horrible!!! Believe it or not, baking soda and vinegar got the smell out... you probably never see them because they're nocturnal, but I've seen several since we've lived in KY... just don't play outside at night! Good Luck!
Jen M.

Noelle said...

That brings back scary memories of a skunk spraying under the building that I worked in. The smell was awful, and it lingered for weeks. All of the attempts to get rid of the smell just seemed to make it worse. There is a company that gets rid of unwanted pests. I think it is called critter ridders. Good luck!

marlene said...

are you sure it wasn't a Beaver!!!
of all people for this to happen to i fell for you that stinks

Davis said...

I've heard that tomato juice will help get smells out too. If it is living under your shed best thing you can do is have Jeff camp out with a rifle and wait for it to come out and shoot it. That's just me anyway my email is troydc@bellsouth.net-send me your email so I can invite you to view my blog.